Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
NJ Electrical Contractor
324 Posts
what is your daily routine like as an electrician?
A: As a business owner, 4:30AM to 9:30pm

what time do you wake up?
A: 4:00AM

Do you drive a lot?
A: 120 miles from the time i leave my house to the office, give out estimates go back to the office and back home.

What do you eat for lunch?
A: grab and go snacks, no time for a fancy lunch, time is $$$$$$

Have you ever gotten hurt on the job?
A: Thankfully I have been very fortunate, so have my men at work!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'm a service electrician for a med/lg company. I go to the shop every morning for 7am, get my work orders for the day, go to the supply house for any special material I need, and spend my day driving from job to job.

5:30am
Do you drive a lot?
Yes, all on the clock. Our construction guys travel anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. They have to go where the work is. They are expected to be on-site @ 7am and work until 3:30pm with a 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. Their drive time is usually unpaid.
I grab something locally wherever I happen to be around lunch time. I never bring lunch. The nice thing about doing service work is that I'm some place different everyday, so I have a lot of variety for lunch options. I try not to eat "fast food" when possible.
I broke my finger by dropping a manhole cover on it. I didn't miss any days of work though, just the couple hours at the end of the day it happened while I was sitting in the emergency room.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,332 Posts
The sale of personal data is a very big business in this country. The largest percentage of it is freely dispensed by the individuals who have no idea of the value of it to the gatherer.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Up @ 430 fighting traffic at 530. It's crazy cuz I gotta leave that early to go 10 miles. Camp Lejeune traffic is insane. I hit Chick Fil A for my liquid crack (sweet tea).

I work with about 40 head spread out over two projects.
Work at 7 am break at 930 and lunch at well you know....

Nabs, chips fruit and veggies and other stuff to mix it up

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Up daily at 5am. Do some paperwork, maybe invoicing, call material orders into the suppliers at 7am and then head to the office.
Drive from site to site.......sometimes up 350km (215 miles) per day.......but usually around 100km (60 miles). Grab a bite at a deli or a small diner wherever I am and then try to break out the tools for the afternoon.

Somedays I just say screw it and I go straight to the tools. If the crews need me for any reason.....we all have a phone.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Giorgio.g said:
A: As a business owner, 4:30AM to 9:30pm

A: 4:00AM

Do you drive a lot?
A: 120 miles from the time i leave my house to the office, give out estimates go back to the office and back home.

A: grab and go snacks, no time for a fancy lunch, time is $$$$$$

A: Thankfully I have been very fortunate, so have my men at work!:thumbup:
So you work 85 hours per week without weekends? What the hell kind of life is that? I would work for someone else if I needed to work like that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.