Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am a 16th edition qualified electrician and after being an electrician for 6 years I decided to join the army,I have recently just left the army and I'm looking for work,I have been interested in working in Iraq and Afghanistan especially since I served in Afghanistan. Would anybody know any good leads where I could find work out there and has anyone had experience working there? Any help on this matter would be great. Thank you.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hi all,
I am a 16th edition qualified electrician and after being an electrician for 6 years I decided to join the army,I have recently just left the army and I'm looking for work,I have been interested in working in Iraq and Afghanistan especially since I served in Afghanistan. Would anybody know any good leads where I could find work out there and has anyone had experience working there? Any help on this matter would be great. Thank you.

Hello Martin.:)

Thank you for your service..:thumbup:

Welcome aboard...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
Hi all,

Well being you were in the military , you should be aware of working in such zones .

Other electricians should well research this ... and find the huge number of
construction casualties in these war zones .

The pay is great .

Pete

·
Buzzy304E
1,167 Posts
Martin, the three big US contractors are, or were, KBR, Fluor-Daniels, and Dynacorp. You will likely need to hire on with one of the UK contractors, so you might want to ask in the UK section of ET. I was in Afghanistan in 2010, in Iraq in 2009. Things are winding down there now, might be difficult to get over there .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Might be wrong, but I think you need to be a US citizen for many of the jobs listed on that sight. At least that was a requirement for some USFS jobs I was looking into last year. The site lists job openings for our federal government. OP is in England; I'm betting he is not a US citizen.

I googled "electricians needed overseas" and this link popped up

http://www.southwestoregonjobs.com/...needed-overseas-7500-a-month-afghanistan/3841.

It was the number one result, but the listing is from July 2012. OP should look into private contracting firms, Dynacorp was the big one I remember from being over there. I do believe US and NATO involvement is winding down, so the need for contractors will be much lower, now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.