Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spaghetti Cleaner
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two lithonia 1000 watt metal halide lights I'm having trouble with.

There up on a pole about 20' up, the one strikes, but shuts back off, the other one doesn't even try anymore. I have a third one that's older and it works just fine.

So anyone in the area wanna take a look to see about fixing them before I look on Craigslist?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I've got two lithonia 1000 watt metal halide lights I'm having trouble with.

There up on a pole about 20' up, the one strikes, but shuts back off, the other one doesn't even try anymore. I have a third one that's older and it works just fine.

So anyone in the area wanna take a look to see about fixing them before I look on Craigslist?
Can you rent a lift?

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Forget about diagnosing it's a waste of time. New ballast, new photocell (if applicable) and new lamp. Done.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Forget about diagnosing it's a waste of time. New ballast, new photocell (if applicable) and new lamp. Done.
Agreed, it's too high up and lifts cost money. Replace everything and come back years from now. Try to find the one part that's defective, come back within a year for something else.

Did I mention lifts are expensive? :laughing:

·
Spaghetti Cleaner
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Painters had a lift that I could have used, but didn't have any bulbs to change it with (short notice)

Fixtures are about 11 years old, but probably have less than 1000 hours of use.

I recall checking the taps and they were correct, maybe they were both made on a Friday?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.