Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
:laughing:

Yeah I was there the other day, I had the handle of a big pair of channies in the LB cranking on it, saying don't crack, just a little further over and over.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dawgs said:
Your work looks good. Did you caulk around the penetrations?
I shoved some scrap backer rod around the conduits and then spray foamed from top and bottom. I was a little worried about vibration from when the chiller was running but after I put the strut on the pad and strapped them they are as sturdy as sears.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I shoved some scrap backer rod around the conduits and then spray foamed from top and bottom. I was a little worried about vibration from when the chiller was running but after I put the strut on the pad and strapped them they are as sturdy as sears.
Nice job pony:thumbsup:

i'm curious as to those GRC's , we were told by AHJ they needed a 'sleeve' penetrating floors , which we did in sch80, , ran the GRC through, then firecaulked between 80 & GRC.

never did get an answer if it was some local thing or not.....:001_huh:

~CS~

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
chicken steve said:
Nice job pony:thumbsup: i'm curious as to those GRC's , we were told by AHJ they needed a 'sleeve' penetrating floors , which we did in sch80, , ran the GRC through, then firecaulked between 80 & GRC. never did get an answer if it was some local thing or not.....:001_huh: ~CS~
No ahj here. Those conduits run for another 100' below in EMT. I did rigid stubs because it's easier to spin them into the LBs below rather than messing around with EMT and connectors. Everything we do here is basically a judgement call made by the installer on the fly. Not a ton of plant specs really but once you've been here a while you know what they like

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.