Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I work mostly in houses a big heavy work boot is overkill. What do you guys wear in residential? I wear my Nike sneakers but doesn't feel/look professional to me. I occasionally wear my work boots but like I said it's overkill inside a house most of the time.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Since I work mostly in houses a big heavy work boot is overkill. What do you guys wear in residential? I wear my Nike sneakers but doesn't feel/look professional to me. I occasionally wear my work boots but like I said it's overkill inside a house most of the time.
Red Wings 606...:)

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Black sketchers. No steel toe. Shorts and sneakers in the summer.

·
antisocial group ******
773 Posts
Heyyy wait a minute!

You mean you resi guys dont have to wear EH rated steel toe boots to work?

But you still have to wear the fire ******ant monkey suits with the plastic

Velcro so you receive no additional burns during a major arc-flash right? :001_huh:

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I normally wear steel toe boots to work everyday

occasionally I will wear tennis shoes

and on that day I WILL drop something heavy on my toes :censored:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Heyyy wait a minute!

You mean you resi guys dont have to wear EH rated steel toe boots to work?

But you still have to wear the fire ******ant monkey suits with the plastic

Velcro so you receive no additional burns during a major arc-flash right? :001_huh:
One of the safety guys will probably correct me, but it is my understanding that since most transformers feeding single and smaller multi-family dwellings are so small, that the arc flash hazard is ridiculously low, so the most we technically need are gloves and a long sleeve cotton shirt, safety glasses, and whatnot, for the times that we "have" to work hot. I am silly person to ask about though, because I have worked in energized panels wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. :laughing:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hiking boots are not overkill. I think big red wings are in a house. My apprentice had redwings he clanked around in, I told him to get rid of those stupid things and get something you can move in your to damn slow in those things.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
I don't believe you wear them.
You're right about this particular pair but I do wear Air Jordan's all the time. Two pairs actually, one all white the other all black. Depends what I'm doing. They're comfortable as can be and easy getting in and out of the truck and up and down stairs all day. The boots are kept on the truck too just in case!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts