Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Master Electrician
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ran some multi conductor teck #10 AWG first time ever using the stuff. Also had to drill across some steel beams with 2x4 above. The beams were 13" wide the reason for the extension.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Ive never seen that type of cable before, pretty cool.

It looks like thwn wrapped in seu jacket, inside either a smurf pipe of flex with a (I assume) PVC or water resistant jacket over top the whole cable. Is this cable allowed to be used in wet areas as well?

·
Estwing magic
27,698 Posts
Ive never seen that type of cable before, pretty cool.

It looks like thwn wrapped in seu jacket, inside either a smurf pipe of flex with a (I assume) PVC or water resistant jacket over top the whole cable. Is this cable allowed to be used in wet areas as well?
Hazardous, buried, exposed. Honestly, I'm not sure where it can't be used.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Give it time. All that needs to happen is the manufacturers need to lobby the NEC to get it accepted and approved. Think of AFCI's. :whistling2:
I'd like to see a product like that here. Talk about cost effective. The op even said his cable had 24 wires and he was only gonna use 10, sounds like you can even order this stuff with future use in mind. This would be great!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.