Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some advice , some ass cut me off the other day and caused me to flip over and total my van . While looking at vans on the web I keep running into vans that were previously owned by rental companies . Do you guys think I should shy away from previously rented vehicles? The vans I've been looking at vans that are 1-2 years old

·
Registered
102 Posts
no, don't shy away. I think that you will save money and still have good van. Probably still some original warranty, too. If they have come from Enterprise and the like, they probably didn't have a lot of serious abuse. You might even get service history.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought a van this past summer it was a 2012 from u-haul with. 6k miles got it for19 k
Great van came with rubber matts , running boards , a bulk head , & the interior had wood strips run along it made securing shelves great
I have a friend who bought one first a year earlier and we are both happy with the turn out

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Some people like myself rent Home Depot vans just to exert some anger , hit a few curbs, some neutral drops, reverse drops. It's like Anger management, when you return you feel much better.

Reactions: TOOL_5150

·
Registered
53 Posts
Shockdoc said:
Some people like myself rent Home Depot vans just to exert some anger , hit a few curbs, some neutral drops, reverse drops. It's like Anger management, when you return you feel much better.[/QUOTE

Sometimes when I don't want to beat up my new vans I'll just rent one to beat up

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Some people like myself rent Home Depot vans just to exert some anger , hit a few curbs, some neutral drops, reverse drops. It's like Anger management, when you return you feel much better.
You should be banned just for being a moron. I would love to meet you because I bet your just a little person with a small penis.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Shockdoc said:
Some people like myself rent Home Depot vans just to exert some anger , hit a few curbs, some neutral drops, reverse drops. It's like Anger management, when you return you feel much better.[/QUOTE

Sometimes when I don't want to beat up my new vans I'll just rent one to beat up
The true test is the 02' daily beater 7.3 diesel I drive. No van has ever exceeded 120k miles under my foot and hand. That thing is still running and quite well at 240k.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haha yeah my daily is a 2011 2500 cummins. Gotta love them. More you beat better they run. I keep my vans till the warranty is up then I trade them in. I can't stand the fact of having a truck in the shop for more then a day.

·
Chairman of the Bored
9,774 Posts
Hey guys need some advice , some ass cut me off the other day and caused me to flip over and total my van . While looking at vans on the web I keep running into vans that were previously owned by rental companies . Do you guys think I should shy away from previously rented vehicles? The vans I've been looking at vans that are 1-2 years old
I'd try ex-service vans from Phone/Internet companies.

·
Registered
196 Posts
We've bought 4 vans in the last 2 years that were from rental companies. We get them with very minor scratches, and usually 15-20k mi. Our dealer put In the shelves, we just add the ladder racks. Chevy 2500 extended wheelbase are great work vans.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hey! If your going to do that,go to lowes , they rent Chevys beat those up,and leave my Fords from Home Depot alone ,you meanie ....:eek::laughing:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
HARRY304E said:
Hey! If your going to do that,go to lowes , they rent Chevys beat those up,and leave my Fords from Home Depot alone ,you meanie ....:eek::laughing:
the only thing ford has going for them is their work trucks, other than that ford sucks

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,785 Posts
This place is flooded with used vans. The only problem is the steering is permanently stuck driving left from repeatedly circling the island counterclockwise all day long full to the brim with fat assed obese tourists from Ohio and Kansas.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts