Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

In 2011, I attended one of these fast track training schools, Able Skills, and completed a 17th edition electrical course in 10 weeks. since then I have not been able to find work. Is it because I attended one of these fast track schools? I am really eager to learn the job so I can complete my Governing Body assessment so I can do some real work or to work for someone. it has been so long I am staring to loose the knowledge I had learned. A lot of the jobs I see advertised are asking for experienced Mates and I do not have the experience except what I had learned in this college. What can I do? Please Help!!!!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hi

In 2011, I attended one of these fast track training schools, Able Skills, and completed a 17th edition electrical course in 10 weeks. since then I have not been able to find work. Is it because I attended one of these fast track schools? I am really eager to learn the job so I can complete my Governing Body assessment so I can do some real work or to work for someone. it has been so long I am staring to loose the knowledge I had learned. A lot of the jobs I see advertised are asking for experienced Mates and I do not have the experience except what I had learned in this college. What can I do? Please Help!!!!
Welcome aboard :)

Keep trying to get in somewhere ,,,never give up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apply for an apprenticeship..a lot of places don't care about that schooling. They will want you to go through their training.. Not saying that that schooling was a waste but you can't learn much of anything in 10 weeks

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
I guess I was privileged to get into the electrical trade.

I see threads here of people trying to get into the trade.

I fell into it so to speak.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts