Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five o'clock farmer calls no power 18 below.Has a ronk transfer switch with a 200 amp ITE 12 circuit rain tight panel at the pole.The buss completely melted took out the fuse in power co. Transformer so I told him to call them and give them the good news.Took the guts out of another panel and patched it up. It's very difficult to work out there it was 26 below when I got home. 31 now.Told the farmer I'll be back when it gets above zero.The worst is the fingers.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Five o'clock farmer calls no power 18 below.Has a ronk transfer switch with a 200 amp ITE 12 circuit rain tight panel at the pole.The buss completely melted took out the fuse in power co. Transformer so I told him to call them and give them the good news.Took the guts out of another panel and patched it up. It's very difficult to work out there it was 26 below when I got home. 31 now.Told the farmer I'll be back when it gets above zero.The worst is the fingers.
Good job,this cold spell is bad news.

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
I hope you kept your truck running. Jumped in it to warm up occasionally? The biggest issue I have is that I can not work with gloves on.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
My first house was 100 yrs old when we bought it.....wow...redid a lot of it then had this built one in '98 what a difference. Sadly the guy who built mine retired shortly afterwards....top of the mark old school family builder. Old house expanding foam is your friend:thumbup:...I was a master of that chit.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,353 Posts
"[By] 1995, the greenhouse effect would be desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…[By 1996] The Platte River of Nebraska would be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers." Michael Oppenheimer, published in "Dead Heat," St. Martin's Press, 1990.

·
Registered
Consulting Engineer - Electrical
52 Posts
"[By] 1995, the greenhouse effect would be desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…[By 1996] The Platte River of Nebraska would be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers." Michael Oppenheimer, published in "Dead Heat," St. Martin's Press, 1990.

Just another ecofraud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.