Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
have fun getting fired joe...cant wait for the next thread about how you were unfairly fired for losing the company money lol

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
What you pay your men and what they cost per hour is a big difference. Union scale in 612 land is going to cost you close if not $100 an hour. If you are working too, then you’re at $300 hr. 160 hrs a month is $48,000. You said 4 houses, $68,000. You have $20,000 left to pay your materials ($5000 x 4) is $20,000. Can you see why we’re concerned?
bingo. but "we dont take risks"

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Well we don't do any residential work young lady. I know you're over there giggling right now.
so you come here and whine about the "boys club" and you try to intimidate and harass people on the internet you disagree with then make gender slams... you are really going places. keep it up sport. :p

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
As the owner, project manager, estimator, buyer, master, journeyman, apprentice, and floor sweeper of my company, there’s a problem trying to do all those things and think your going to put in 40 a week with the tools. You can, but there’s another 20-30 that will need to be done too. Just friendly advice.
hes not doing any of it, hes at a desk. he thinks hes got it all figured out now because he works for hunt or gephart.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Does your local have residential guys at a residential rate? Is the $52 an hour the total package? So maybe the guy makes $30 an hour and tier 2 health care, small annuity and the same pension?
nope, most in the local are commercial nimrods and if benched, benched for a reason. its gonna be 90ish for their package.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
I can’t see one of our local contractors doing single family homes with “A” guys. They would never get the job. Priced way out of the market for that type of track work. But my local has always had a “B” rate for small works. The rate is always around half in the check, same pension but reduced health and annuity. That type of work is right up their alley. I spent a few of my “B” years doing track work.
i cant knock it too much in terms of a jobs a job and we all gotta pay the mortgage but as the owner, u dont wanna put those handcuffs on....they end up strnagling u

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Never heard of a second class union electrician. The only time they work for less is when salting. Then the hall gives them a pass on the book. Several halls got spanked for that. Remember, the union is for the whole, not for a select few. When you say they are priced out, you are right. Non union shops are building these houses.
yup.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
It used to be that in my local you just received greater retirement benefits if you paid the A dues as opposed to the B dues. I opted to stay as a B and put the extra money in my 401k. It was not that much more to be an A Journeyman and most of the B's made fun of them for feeling superior. "I'm a Journeyman A so you get your scrub ass out of the shop and get to work. I got paperwork to do." lmao
that "mindset" person will use just about any thing they can fathom to act like a fool. good for u stocking it into a fund vs not gaining more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.