Electrician Talk banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
As the owner, project manager, estimator, buyer, master, journeyman, apprentice, and floor sweeper of my company, there’s a problem trying to do all those things and think your going to put in 40 a week with the tools. You can, but there’s another 20-30 that will need to be done too. Just friendly advice.
hes not doing any of it, hes at a desk. he thinks hes got it all figured out now because he works for hunt or gephart.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
As the owner, project manager, estimator, buyer, master, journeyman, apprentice, and floor sweeper of my company, there’s a problem trying to do all those things and think your going to put in 40 a week with the tools. You can, but there’s another 20-30 that will need to be done too. Just friendly advice.
Oh no, I definitely don't expect to just work 40 hours. I expect to be working non stop for sure. Thanks man.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
hes not doing any of it, hes at a desk. he thinks hes got it all figured out now because he works for hunt or gephart.
And what's wrong with working at desk for Hunt or Gephart. I'm getting paid right now and you're looking like a clown. You say I'm not thick skinned lol. You're complaining that I"m harassing you now. Somebody please get their buddy.

·
Registered
Retired EC and Fuel distribution contractor
3,811 Posts
Crazy thread.

Joe, sounds like you know a little about what you are getting into. Just remember, as soon as you don't comply, you are replaced with Joe2. Might even be someone that works for you.

To me, that's the biggest .. mistake, yes mistake. I completely understand how you might get your start this way, but my advice is to work less in the field and find more work with different customers, then hire more people while you find even more work.

Well, you really don't need to expand but having one customer is worse than working a W-2 job.

Reactions: Majewski

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Crazy thread.

Joe, sounds like you know a little about what you are getting into. Just remember, as soon as you don't comply, you are replaced with Joe2. Might even be someone that works for you.

To me, that's the biggest .. mistake, yes mistake. I completely understand how you might get your start this way, but my advice is to work less in the field and find more work with different customers, then hire more people while you find even more work.

Well, you really don't need to expand but having one customer is worse than working a W-2 job.
Good point. I also am submitting bids for 2 other builders. I just don't know how to arrange the manpower so that this is profitable.

·
Hackenschmidt
13,607 Posts
Wait wait wait. A green electrical contractor, working owner and two employees, gets a contract to be the sole electrical contractor for one of the largest homebuilders in the US? If they want you to wire four homes a month, that means one of the largest homebuilders in the USA builds four homes a month, or 48 homes a year? :rolleyes:

Ever hear that saying, "If you're playing poker and you can't spot the mark in five minutes minutes, I have some bad news for you..."

·
Registered
36th year apprentice & Floor Sweeper
2,043 Posts
Does your local have residential guys at a residential rate? Is the $52 an hour the total package? So maybe the guy makes $30 an hour and tier 2 health care, small annuity and the same pension?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.