Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the site and recently applied to apprenticeship. Anyone have any insight on workload for electricians in Detroit? An even better question, is the IBEW accepting new apprentices?
I've tried various searches on this site, came up empty handed. I would be grateful for any insight. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Hello, new to the site and recently applied to apprenticeship. Anyone have any insight on workload for electricians in Detroit? An even better question, is the IBEW accepting new apprentices?
I've tried various searches on this site, came up empty handed. I would be grateful for any insight. Thanks in advance.
When I left Detroit 4 years ago there were 1,400 on the locals book waiting for a call, hard to imagine it is any better now.

When GM shuttered a few plants (And the other parts plants like Delphi as well), took a half billion of our tax dollars and used it to build new plants in Asia, Detroit took a hit I don't think it can recover from.

Reactions: begurk76

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Good luck, but I'll my buddy's out of the 58 have left the state. And if the Mr. Frost is still there he's a lying sack of dog terd, just so you know.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
If power system testing (480V-230kV stuff0 interests you I may be able to get your foot in the door, when you get PM access (After a few posts) send me a PM and your resume.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum enjoy the ride..:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts