Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not so much concerned about how to calculate the employees portion, but how does the sole proprietor calculate it for themselves when you are flat rate?

If it's on the withdrawals you make from the business, what if you keep it within the business and don't draw on it?

·
Electrical Contractor
5,612 Posts
At one time, Manitoba had a minimum flat rate for proprietors who had no employees. Once there are employees, you had the option to either cover yourself, based on whatever wage you claimed, or pull yourself out of the program. Ontario may have the same thing.
The minimum charge was to cover the costs of getting clearance letters.
I have my own accident insurance so WCB is useless for myself.

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
I'm not so much concerned about how to calculate the employees portion, but how does the sole proprietor calculate it for themselves when you are flat rate?

If it's on the withdrawals you make from the business, what if you keep it within the business and don't draw on it?
What we do, including myself is keep a time sheet, even though technically I'm on a salary, I carry the tools as well.

It was suggested this way by the accountant. All of our subs have to fill out a timesheet as well.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.