Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Looks like a mobile home / trailer park panel.

Reactions: shocksystems

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
sparkie702 said:
Anyone else run across this type of old panel?this lady calls me up and says her boyfriend just ripped out all the fuses and fuse sockets wtf how old is this thing?this is one service call to remember.
. Mobile home / trailer panel ?

·
332 Posts
480sparky said:
New? You'd be lucky to find beat-up / scarcely usable fuse holders. ....
Not in this area. I'd say that almost half of the fuse boxes I replace are in great shape. They are only getting replaced for the purpose of cheaper homeowners insurance. I only keep a few on my truck and in the shop, as there is typically an abundance of them. I used to keep all of them, but when I had three five gallon buckets full, and had used only a few of them, I started trashing them all.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Midwest makes a bunch of very easy to replace boxes-meter/panel combo's-panels,etc. The old fuse clips in this box have lost their ability to "hang on". Just replace the the panel,the new panels use breakers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i cant believe her bf ripped out the freakin fuse sockets finding fuses are hard enough panel change is going to have to happen.Yes this is a mobile home panel thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
sparkie702 said:
yea i cant believe her bf ripped out the freakin fuse sockets finding fuses are hard enough panel change is going to have to happen.Yes this is a mobile home panel thanks for your input guys!
A disgruntled ex boyfriend perhaps?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I'm surprised the local trailer park handyman didn't offer to bypass the fuse sockets for a case of beer and a pack of smokes
Or maybe the handyman is her ex-boyfriend (of the week)!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts