Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a memo from XCEL energy that they have removed Eaton lever bypass meter sockets from their approved list and will refuse to install meters in them after March 1, 2014. No details given on the problem.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Saw a memo from XCEL energy that they have removed Eaton lever bypass meter sockets from their approved list and will refuse to install meters in them after March 1, 2014. No details given on the problem.
The problem was some of the spot welds were coming apart and someone nearly got injured from it. They said they're going to be sending out a memo about it. I use Milbank

·
Ditch Digging Dummy
1,860 Posts
No clue, but up north where the weather is below freezing in the winter and sweltering in the summer they hold up very well. Better than Square D which rusts only after a few years.

I would imagine they would work out mid west, just ask the poco first.
That's how it is here in Kansas. Milbank is used everywhere around here. They hold up great.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Possibly, but more than likely the decision makers at Xcel got a kickback from Milbank.
Wrong. Just was at a meeting on Wednesday and they told us about the problem. Supposedly and electrician out west was operating the lever bypass and it came loose resulting in an arc of some kind. Once the problem is corrected, it will probably be approved again. Who uses Eaton sockets anyway? I supposed Lowe's, Menerds, and Home Cheapo sell them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.