Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
customer called me to clean up wiring after having her xfinity security system , cameras , and automation installed .This was a brand new 3500 square foot house we just finished , hard to believe these idiots can walk into a house like that and install cameras like this . Oh and there automation package consisted of two lamps plugged into a wifi module .there keypad is cool , looks like a small tablet but there is no way to mount it because if the power supply . What a joke .

·
Registered
10 Posts
ecelectric said:
customer called me to clean up wiring after having her xfinity security system , cameras , and automation installed .This was a brand new 3500 square foot house we just finished , hard to believe these idiots can walk into a house like that and install cameras like this . Oh and there automation package consisted of two lamps plugged into a wifi module .there keypad is cool , looks like a small tablet but there is no way to mount it because if the power supply . What a joke .
i was getting my modem and phone installed thru them at my home. We'll I ran all the lines for the catv and phone cause I was getting it bundled. I showed my wife where it all was so she could show the installer when he got there. Well he did not use what had installed which by the way was snaked in the walls with plates and run thru the WIDE open basement. Instead he runs black cable around the outside of a White House and drills holes thru my siding. Thru my walls and runs wire around rooms stapled to trim work. I came home and flipped the FU-K out !!! They told my wife I used the wrong RG-6 and had to run their Rg-6. Her not knowing better and not wanting to bother me and also just wanting tv told them to do it. Needless to say they were not paid for the instillation after his supervisor came out and just shook his head and didn't have much to say. He also left a mess everywhere he worked. If us as electricians did that we would be fired on the spot for the unprofessional workmanship. I guess that's why they are catv installers and not electricians. Just sayin.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see nothing good from them doing more then cable , they also changed her thermostat to a wifi one . I also have my CATV home runned and when I got the new x1 platform installed the guy who came was psyched that I pretty much had everything done for him . I was actually running around swapping boxes for him while he did his thing in the basement . I guess it's hit or miss .

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
860 Posts
Welcome to Crapcast. Last time they installed something in my house they broke the DVD player. Got rid of the company on the spot. :censored:

Xfinity=Scam.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A buddy of mine was having satellite installed in his new to him house with refinished original wood floors. The dip**** on the other end of the 18" auger bit was going to drill through the floor instead of fishing the open wall into the basement. Apparently he had choice words for me when I told him that I could have fished that wall with my pocket knife. He claimed "should have called an electrician if you wanted it in the wall."

Any TV provider be it SATV or CATV is going to do **** work 9 times out of 10.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
99% of the time it's not the fault of the installer as it is the company who hires cheap labor, poor training, demands they meet quotas or doesn't want to spend time on it being done right.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
800.24 Mechanical Execution of Work. Communications
circuits and equipment shall be installed in a neat and
workmanlike manner. Cables installed exposed on the surface
of ceilings and sidewalls shall be supported by the
building structure in such a manner that the cable will not
be damaged by normal building use. Such cables shall be
secured by hardware, including straps, staples, cable ties,
hangers, or similar fittings designed and installed so as not
to damage the cable. The installation shall also conform to
300.4(D) and 300.11.

Clearly a violation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.