Electrician Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Watt Pusher
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this happens where you live, but in Vancouver there's this thing called "yarn bombing" where people knit things and fit them over various pieces of outdoor infrastructure. This is the first one I've seen on a meter base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Don't know if this happens where you live, but in Vancouver there's this thing called "yarn bombing" where people knit things and fit them over various pieces of outdoor infrastructure. This is the first one I've seen on a meter base.

I'll bet that will be filthy by spring....:laughing:

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
that's what happens when you let your grandmothers get out of control. (12 yr old whiskey helps)

·
Super Moderator
21,937 Posts
Apparently this fad started in Texas according to wiki

·
Watt Pusher
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happens here pretty frequently, especially in the summer. I usually see them on bike racks, sometimes fire hydrants. And yes, it likely will be filthy pretty soon. That one was right by one of the busiest bus stops on one of the busiest streets in town.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Never heard of this before, but it doesn't surprise me at all based on what I've observed of my mother in law. Too much time on her hands, cheap yarn from the dollar store, and complete saturation of all of her friends and relatives with afghan blankets, knitted covers for every possible appliance, Kleenex box or spare TP roll in everyone's house. I suppose this is a natural progression resulting from an aging boomer population; cover the world with knitting!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think this is a sign that you guys need to come south once in a while to get some sun. Lack of sun is detrimental to the sanity.

Wait! Pittsburg did this too????

·
Watt Pusher
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is in Vancouver, where it barely ever dips below freezing...

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
This is in Vancouver, where it barely ever dips below freezing...

I would like to notify the Homeland Security Agency of a new terrorist threat. The Toque Terrorist!!!! Scary!!!

Attachments

·
Light Emitting Decoration
1,323 Posts
It requires a permit to put anything up. Townships are hungry.. and they will be looking for food :laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts