Electrician Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Coffee drinking member
13,411 Posts
stuiec said:
Just got my hands on this.....nice and straight forward. [/URL][/IMG] just finished adding a selector switch to this little gem for a friend....belt clip on the back [/URL][/IMG]
Are you ready for Mod 2?

I had forgotten that I still had a few of them left.

Attachments

·
cog
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:laughing:

No, I just got this one home, add that to two boys, a girlfriend, hockey and all the rest.......I'll be giving you the tap in about 3 years.

·
Coffee drinking member
13,411 Posts
stuiec said:
:laughing: No, I just got this one home, add that to two boys, a girlfriend, hockey and all the rest.......I'll be giving you the tap in about 3 years.
I believe we had 21 modules that we needed to complete in 6 weeks. Every week was a practical test on a bad radio board.
We couldn't use notes or anything in that lab.
One week the instructor handed me a board to troubleshoot. We were supposed to write down how we found the problem and show the math.

Being the brain that I was it only took me 2 minutes to finish. I handed him back the board and when he asked what was wrong I answered,
"That resistor made of wood doesn't work".
He handed me another board that took 2 hours to figure out. I should have shown the math.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Tell me about the amp. Selector switch for what?

Thanks.

·
Coffee drinking member
13,411 Posts
dmxtothemax said:
But why doesn't the resistor made of wood work ? You should have given him 2 pages of math calculations to explain why ? :jester:
Because the color coding stripes looked like a 3 yo painted them.
Since it was made from cheap balsa wood no electrons would pass and voltage went to zip.

·
cog
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell me about the amp. Selector switch for what?

Thanks.
I'm not sure of the make, its long worn off. Its just a tiny guitar amp, runs off battery or wall wart. The switch is to select either battery or plug in. The old set up had a little tab inside the jack where the dc plug in went, that was pushed over and took the battery out of the circuit. It finally failed.

Haven't heard the sound yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts