Electrician Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
I was devicing a job and stuck the tester into a box to make sure it wasn鈥檛 hot. It was. 馃ぃ. Hot touched the bare wire.
If osha would have required us to bring down the entire national electrical grid whenever anyone is working on wires, this would not have happened.........safety, safety, safety........

Was the circuit protected by an AFCI?

Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
A word of warning about these Klown NCVT鈥檚 - There鈥檚 a slight delay before it tones on a hot wire. I have been bit a couple of times because I didn鈥檛 wait long enough for the tester to make noise. Another mediocre Klein product.
There are two versions of the NCVT-3.. The original one had a more blunt tip amd the newer one can fit into a receptacle.
I had the original one and I noticed that it would turn off almost immediately when you reached out to use it.
I thought at first it was the battery, but no.. I figured it was just worn out.. I'm not rough on my tools but bout a new one.
The new NCVT-3 works better and is safer to use.. IMHO.

I did look and there was no recall for the original.

Registered
A word of warning about these Klown NCVT鈥檚 - There鈥檚 a slight delay before it tones on a hot wire. I have been bit a couple of times because I didn鈥檛 wait long enough for the tester to make noise. Another mediocre Klein product.
I use the ncvt 1 partly for that reason. That, and that the dual voltage selection is a pita.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts