Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I dreaming, or was there a young man on here a while back asking for anything that people would be willing to give him so he could home study basic start-stop circuits and isolation relays for protection?
Laying here healing gives you time to think about all the hoarding I’ve done and how someone else would be tickled to have a tiny bit of it. If I’m just dreaming it up, ok. But if someone, a kid, could use some, I’ll gladly share.

·
Super Moderator
7,517 Posts
Enjoy that low O2 level while it's there :)

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enjoy that low O2 level while it's there :)
Along with the related low IQ. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though when you’re sick like this you really think about what’s important, and boxes of salvage push buttons, relays, usable smallish NEMA starters, small CPT’s and the likes would be a nice addition to a youngster wanting to learn.
I’m guessing that I’m not the only industrial guy here who installed new gear but refused to dumpster the old stuff and boxed it up and put it on a shelf at the house somewhere “just in case”.

·
Super Moderator
7,517 Posts
Along with the related low IQ. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though when you’re sick like this you really think about what’s important, and boxes of salvage push buttons, relays, usable smallish NEMA starters, small CPT’s and the likes would be a nice addition to a youngster wanting to learn.
I’m guessing that I’m not the only industrial guy here who installed new gear but refused to dumpster the old stuff and boxed it up and put it on a shelf at the house somewhere “just in case”.
35 years ago I knew a guy who worked for Otis Elevator.
He'd take everything home and wait until someone needed it.
New is $3500 and it's a 2 week lead time.
Used is $4500 and I can have it there in an hour.
Which would you like?

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,638 Posts
Am I dreaming, or was there a young man on here a while back asking for anything that people would be willing to give him so he could home study basic start-stop circuits and isolation relays for protection?
Laying here healing gives you time to think about all the hoarding I’ve done and how someone else would be tickled to have a tiny bit of it. If I’m just dreaming it up, ok. But if someone, a kid, could use some, I’ll gladly share.
Them NEMA 5 starters you have been hording are expensive to ship. 🥴

·
Super Moderator
Retired
17,435 Posts
I too have been contemplating my future. I have been looking at all the books I have but I don't want to part with them unless I know for sure they will be used.
I also have a fair amount of left over material.
Since I worked mainly in industrial, you would think I would have all kinds of devices. I don't. Stealing is stealing. Other than a handful of nuts and small lugs in my top pocket each day when I came home. I have been using them up for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts