Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had an idea about doing a web page that clients could log into and track where the tech was . Something like tracking a UPS package.
That's actually a great idea. In any business with cyclical ebb and tide work (restaurants, ups, deli counter, supply house counter) it's extremely exhausting and stressful to stay onto such a rigid schedule. We all know how the 2 hr job takes 4 then the 4 hr job takes 2. It reeks havoc on the schedule. Why fight it

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
I had an idea about doing a web page that clients could log into and track where the tech was . Something like tracking a UPS package.
Would you track them with an electronic dog collar, or by the GPS on the vans? I like the dog collar idea better, you could even administer a mild shock to your employees if you felt their production levels were down. :)

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Would you track them with an electronic dog collar, or by the GPS on the vans? I like the dog collar idea better, you could even administer a mild shock to your employees if you felt their production levels were down. :)
That's the best way to go.:laughing:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
And, of course, the porta-potties are outside the invisible fence. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Dropped our cable company and went to Dish. The appointment was between 8-12 the automated phone call came at 8 confirming appointment then at 10 another call stating estimated time 10:30 -11:45 the tech called at 11:00 to let me know he was 20 minutes away. I liked the updates and we do something similar. Clients don't like waiting so we set a two hour window and keep the client updated on ETA of their tech.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I can only click that stupid thanks button once so......THANKS THANKS THANKS :laughing:

It so true Frunk

·
cog
5,292 Posts
Cool. And why stop there? You could put a pointy hat on them too, with a bell on top, so the HO could tell what part of the house the tech was in. As an added benefit, you'd know when they were doggin' it if the frequency of merry jingles got to, say, < 2/s. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Cool. And why stop there? You could put a pointy hat on them too, with a bell on top, so the HO could tell what part of the house the tech was in. As an added benefit, you'd know when they were doggin' it if the frequency of merry jingles got to, say, < 2/s. :thumbsup:
do you how expensive pointy hats are?

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
After a word from our sponsor, we now return to our regular programming..........:whistling2:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.