Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a kwikset electronic deadbolt that speaks Z wave. I have the module as well, but not connected yet. I am wanting to replace an existing 3 way switch with a Z Wave switch. Which one is the correct one to buy? The one I have now shows screws for:

Hot wire
Load wire
Traveler

I assume I have the right switch and the load is the other traveler. I called technical support and asked them why they don't have a place for another traveler instead of a load. Anyways, I have it working, but the other 3 way and 4 way will turn off the lights and when you go to turn them back on, the lights are dimmed. they will brighten if you go back to the Z Wave dimmer and turn them up.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I bought a kwikset electronic deadbolt that speaks Z wave. I have the module as well, but not connected yet. I am wanting to replace an existing 3 way switch with a Z Wave switch. Which one is the correct one to buy? The one I have now shows screws for:

Hot wire
Load wire
Traveler

I assume I have the right switch and the load is the other traveler. I called technical support and asked them why they don't have a place for another traveler instead of a load. Anyways, I have it working, but the other 3 way and 4 way will turn off the lights and when you go to turn them back on, the lights are dimmed. they will brighten if you go back to the Z Wave dimmer and turn them up.

What does you deadbolt lock have to do with your light switch?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

What does you deadbolt lock have to do with your light switch?
http://www.amazon.com/Kwikset-SmartCode-Electronic-Deadbolt-featuring/dp/B004F1B24I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385179519&sr=8-2&keywords=kwikset+z+wave

Unlock The Possibilities
Lock and unlock doors from anywhere: control your lock from anywhere on your smart phone, tablet, or internet connected device.
Get notified when someone enters your home: receive notifications when your loved ones arrive home safely, or monitor people going in and out of your home.
Control when others have access to your home: do you have a contractor coming tomorrow at 9am, or a housekeeper that comes Tuesdays between 10am-12pm? You can assign a specific code and create a schedule that only allows entry to your home during those times.
Be prepared for life's unplanned moments: no matter where you are - work, vacation, or on the road, if something goes wrong in your home, you can remotely provide temporary access to those who need it.

Innovative Security Features

• Motorized locking mechanism—enables true remote locking and unlocking
  • Includes SmartKey re-key technology with BumpGuard protection
  • Revolutionary tapered deadbolt design—enables misaligned doors to lock without pulling and pushing your door shut
  • Full 128-bit encryption security
  • One touch locking

Easy Integration

• Replaces existing door hardware with just a screw driver
  • No hard wiring needed
  • 4 AA batteries last for approximately one year, batteries sold separatley
  • Z-Wave wireless protocol

Home Connect Features and Benefits

• Lock or unlock doors via smartphone or Internet connection while away
  • Receive remote notification when door lock is accessed
  • Check lock status remotely to see if doors are locked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts